|Gospel Singing & Dessert Social
"We will go with our young and old, with our sons and daughters,
and with our flocks and herds, because we are to celebrate a
festival to the LORD." Exodus 10:8-10
2nd Saturday in June
June 9, 2018 from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Gospel Singing & Picking at Shepherd’s Cross, an authentic working sheep farm, just north of Claremore OK
on Scenic Route 66. Families, church groups, and individuals welcome.
- Simply come, listen and enjoy or participate.
- Musicians needed! Bring your musical instrument, your voice & favorite songs. Pick, sing & play
together – like in the good ‘old days!
- Participants that call in advance to register will be given priority. Our roster fills up quickly. However,
we will accept musicians that or simply show up on the day.
- We love to play music together.
- Gospel, Country Christian & Worship and hymns
- Music will be located indoors, downstairs in the Tour Barn and the Silo
- Bring a potluck Dessert to share - or share some of ours
- Come when you can . . . . leave when you must
- Donations are welcome - suggested donation of $5 per person.
- Tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum and Silo
- Tour the Bible Garden - guided or self-guided tours
- Concomitantly is the “Spin–n Knit-In” – enjoy the music while working on a handiwork project or enjoy
watching hand spinners spinning yarn and making finished projects
- Shepherd’s Shop will be open, featuring a host of “woolly” and farm related handmade gifts made by
Shepherd’s Cross and over 50 local crafters; farm fresh meat, Amish jams, health foods, yarns, and
much more! Additionally the shop features a mission section; purchases made in this section of the
store return 100% of the sale price to the indigenous people that made them (countries include
Afghanistan, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi, Uganda and more)
- Shepherd’s Cross features farm fresh, Animal Welfare Approved, pasture raised, free range, chemical
free American lamb & beef; yarn, yarn, & more yarn – natural, chemical free, many types, produced
and processed on the farm. Shepherd’s Cross also offers roving, batts, felting supplies, spinning and
weaving supplies and much more.
- Fiber Arts, Animal Husbandry & Shearing lessons available at the farm throughout the year.
- Shepherd’s Cross is home to a non-profit Christian organization “ Heart of the Shepherd”, that hosts
- Picnic area is available; bring your picnic with you; limited seating.
- Snack and beverage concessions are available on site.
- Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a producer for
the Oklahoma Food Co-op, and is Animal Welfare Approved.
- To find out more information about this woolly event please visit our website: www.ShepherdsCross.
com or facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdsCross/
Tuesday thru Saturday
Tours available Th, Fri & Sat
or other days by appointment
Extended Hours & Days
for Special Events
Sundays & Mondays
New Year's week &
Not responsible for accident or injury of any kind. Participants attend and participate at their own risk.
16792 East 450 Road,
Claremore, OK 74017-0935
Hwy 66 & then 2.5 miles East on Akin Road
(EW 45 Road or EW 450 Road)
Contact us by e-mail: SheepFarm@ShepherdsCross.com
(copy & paste address; this is not a link)