Small Ruminant Animal Husbandry - Farm Training Day Retreat
- One day of hands on and classroom learning about small ruminants (sheep, goats & alpaca)
- Instructor is Dr. Diane Dickinson, a licensed veterinarian and an agriculturalist, with over 30 years of livestock and farming experience. She and her husband have owned and operated Shepherd's Cross for over 30 years. Shepherd's Cross flock has grown to a few hundred head.
- The Dickinsons provide animal husbandry classes, wool mill training, veterinary care and training, Lamb of God Bible Studies and Great Shepherd Bible studies around the world, through the non-profit organization Heart of the Shepherd, which they pioneered.
- Class Topics Include: vaccinations, feet trimming, tail docking, bloodless castration, managing pasture & feeding, neonatal care, wool management, Animal Welfare Approved, Scrapie, disease management, parasite control, FAMACHA and lambing time management and much more.
- Practical, profitable, flock herd health
- Saturday May 20, 2023
- Saturday August 26, 2023
- $89.00 per person
- $169 for 2 family members
- $249 three or more family members (age 16 & over)
- Come by the farm, call or email for registration form. Classes fill quickly
Please enter a description
Please enter a price
Please enter an Invoice ID