Shearing School April 15-17, 2024
Shepherd’s Cross has been raising and shearing sheep since the early 1990’s
- American Sheep Industry Certified Shearing School - one of only a handful of such classes in the U.S.
- Three Day class - required to meet ASI certification requirements.
Class Participants learn:
- How to shear a sheep effectively, safely and following Animal Welfare Approved guidelines
- Proper handling and maintenance of shearing equipment
- Low Stress sheep handling techniques
- Skirting and grading a fleece
- Basic wool processing
- Each student will have the opportunity to shear sheep, with personal guidance and instruction.
A deposit of $100 is non-refundable.