Fiber Fest Weekend Retreat: January 18, 19 & 20, 2024
89 267 $89.00 - $267.00
- Fiber Fest Weekend Retreats at Shepherd's CrossNeed a day's respite from the challenges of life?
- Join us for a peaceful, fun, fiber filled learning experience
- A three-day class; from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm daily; participants may stay until 5:30 if additional time is needed
- Each participant will make & take home several products every day
- Classes may be virtual or onsite
- Three Fiber Fest Weekends annually.
- Cost: for all 3 days is $267; materials included
- If you wish to only attend for 1 day, please call us at 918-342-5911 to make special arrangements
- Bring a sack lunch each day; we provide beverages
- Day 1: Wet Wool Fiber Processing Day Retreat Wash - Dye - Wet Felt
- Students will learn basic wool washing and dying, as well as wet felting
- Each participant will make & take home a wool ball, a felted trivet, and a 3-D felted project
- Day 2: Dry Wool Fiber Processing Day Retreat Drop Spindle - Spin - Card - Pick
- Students learn how to work with dry fiber in the arts using hand cards, hand picks, swing pick, box pick, drum carder and a blending board as well as use of the drop spindle and spinning wheel
- Each participant will make and take-home hand spun yarn and rolags, punis or nests
- Day 3: Finished Fiber Day Retreat Weaving - Needle Felting
- Students will learn basic weaving on an inkle loom and needle felting.
- Each participant will make and take home a woven coaster, a woven sash, a needle felted coaster, a needle felted ornament and a needle felted 3-D ornament